Civil Rights

Burlington School District RE-6J does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, or disability in its programs or activities.

The following people have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies:

The Compliance Officer for students is the High School Principal, whose contact information is:

Christy Graham

380 Mike Lounge Drive, Burlington, CO


The Compliance Officer for employees is the District’s Business Manager, whose contact information is:

Rina Barkhuizen

2600 Rose Avenue, Burlington, CO


In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, Burlington School District RE-6J, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

Any person alleging discrimination based on race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability has a right to file a complaint within 180 days of the alleged discriminatory action. All civil rights complaints within Burlington School Districts Food and Nutrition Services Department should be directed to Christy Graham or Rina Barkhuizen. Rina Barkhuizen can be reached via phone at 719-346-8737 or by email at Christy Graham can be reached via phone at 719-346-8455 or by email at Complaints can be submitted verbally, in writing, or anonymously.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: filine_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (566) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or


This institution is an equal opportunity provider.